Life changing principles from Carnegie's book - How to win friends and Influence People|
- Never criticize, cut-down, or complain.
- Give honest, sincere appreciation.
- Arouse eager desire in every person.
- Become genuinely interested in other people.
- Their name, is, the sweetest and most important sound they can hear.
- Be a good listener.
- Encourage others to talk about themselves.
- Talk in terms of the other person's interests.
- Make the other person feel important - do it sincerely.
Win their thoughts
- To get the best of an argument - avoid it.
- Show respect for their opinions.
- Never say, 'You're wrong.'
- If you're wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically.
- Begin in a friendly way.
- Get the other person saying 'yes, yes' immediately.
- Let the them to do a great deal of the talking.
- Get them to feel that the idea is his or hers.
- Honestly take a look at things from their point of view.
- Appreciate, respect or agree with their ideas and desires.
- Appeal to the nobler motives.
- Dramatize your ideas.
- Give people challenges.
Change them positively
- Begin with honest praise and appreciation.
- Mistakes may be mentioned infrequently and only indirectly.
- Talk about your own mistakes before one of their's.
- Ask questions to direct them and avoid demands.
- Let the other person save face.
- Praise everything, even the slightest, improvement.
- Give warm approval and hearty praise.
- Expect in them, a fine reputation they will live up to.
- Use encouragement.
- Make any fault seem easy to correct.
- Make people happy about doing what you suggest.
|Speak Maxim mp3